The following references were consulted:
- Coleman, Simon and Bob Simpson, 2000 Discovering Anthropology.
Royal Anthropological Institute.
- Haviland, William A., 1991 Anthropology. Holt, Rinehart and
Winston, Fort Worth.
Glossary of Lithics
- "A Comparitive Study of Some Unfinished Fluted Points and
Channel Flakes from the Tennessee Valley", 1961, James W.
Cambron and David C. Hulse, Journal of Alabama Archaeology, Vol. VII,
No. 2, Alabama Achaeological Society, University of Alabama
- "Principles of Stratigraphy", 1960,
Amadeus W. Grabau, Dover Publications
- the paper "Glossay of Archaeological Terms",
T. M. N. Lewis, Tennessee Archaeologist, Vol. 16, No. 1, Tennessee
- Handbook of Alabama Archaeology, Part 1 Point Types,
1964, 1965, 1969, James W. Cambron and David C. Hulse, edited by David L.
DeJarnette, Archaeological Research Association of Alabama
- Flaked Stone Projectiles, Tools and Ceremonials of the
Southeastern States, 1995, Winston H. Baker, Williams
- Adventures In Stone Artifacts, 1997,
Sandy Livoti & Jon Kiesa, Adventure Publications
- Miscellaneous Studies in Typology and Classification,
1963, Museum of Anthropology, The University of Michigan, Ann
Arbor, No. 19