From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- one of the two daughter strands of a replicated chromosome, joined by the centromere to the other daughter chromatid
- one of two threads and its matrix in a chromosome
- Each of the two daughter strands of a duplicated chromosome joined at the centromere during mitosis and meiosis.
- Source: Jenkins, John B. 1990. Human Genetics, 2nd Edition. New York: Harper & Row
- Source: Noland, George B. 1983. General Biology, 11th Edition. St. Louis, MO. C. V. Mosby