From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- a unit composed of two or more atoms linked by a chemical bond.
- The smallest particle of an element or compound capable of a stable, independent existence.
- A group of atoms held together by chemical forces. A molecule is the smallest unit of a compound that can exist by itself and retain all of its chemical properties.
Source: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- two or more atoms combined chemically
Source: Noland, George B. 1983. General Biology, 11th Edition. St. Louis, MO. C. V. Mosby
- The smallest division of a compound that still retains or exhibits all the properties of the substance.
Source: Terms of the Environment