- The distribution of effective sound pressures or intensities measured as a function of frequency in specified frequency bands.
- (a) Description, for a function of time, of the resolution of a signal into components, each of different frequency and (usually) different amplitude and phase. (b) "Spectrum" is also used to signify a continuous range of components, usually wide in extent, within which waves have some specified common characteristic; e.g., "audio frequency spectrum." Source: Glossary of Terms in Noise Control Engineering
- A signal’s resolution expressed in component frequencies or fractional octave bands. Source: http://www.volpe.dot.gov/acoustics/docs/1990-1999/1999-1.pdf
- the distribution of the energy of a signal with frequency. Source: http://www.owenscorning.com/around/sound/glossary.asp
- Display of component wavelengths (colors) of electromagnetic radiation.
Sponsor: Need a gift for that special someone? Use Perfume Emporium's custom Gift Finder!